The latest trend in facial masks is what are called sheet masks, which is a type of face mask you use once and then toss. It’s also a lot of fun to take a selfie while wearing it. Sheet masks can brighten dull skin, clear up acne, and moisturize dry skin it all depends on what mask you choose. Sheet masks range in price from a few dollars to over $50, but you definitely do not need to shell out a lot of money to jump on this trend.
The sheet mask trend stems from South Korea. Korean women (and men) spend a lot of time and effort caring for their skin and using a sheet mask is a regular part of their elaborate skin care routine. Using a sheet mask even once a week can have great benefits for the skin. Choose a sheet mask that has ingredients that will address that skin care issue. It also does not matter what time of day you use the mask—morning, afternoon, evening whenever is most convenient for you will work.
There are sheet masks made from microfiber, hydrogel, biocellulose, foil, knit, and charcoal, no to mention the different ingredients in each mask.
Suggestions to clear up any confusion:
– Oily skin: Yes To Tomatoes Acne Fighting Paper Mask contains salicylic acid to clear up acne while Dr.Jart+ Pore Minimalist Mask Black Charcoal Sheet Mask has charcoal to draw impurities out of pores.
– Dry Skin: ElishaCoy Noblesse Naturalism Honey & Royal Jelly and Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb The Super Hydrating Sheet Mask both deeply hydrate dry skin.
– Sensitive Skin: TONYMOLY I’m Real Calendula Skin Soothing Mask Sheet can soothe skin.
Anti-Aging: mothermade® Deep Moisturizing Rich Snail Facial Mask can rejuvenate aging skin.
In order to get the best results from your sheet mask experience you need to do the following things:
– Wash your face before applying your sheet mask. Applying a mask with a serum to dirty skin is a no-no.
– Do not wash your face after using a sheet mask. If there is serum left on your skin after using the mask, gently pat the serum into your skin until it is fully absorbed. You can apply a moisturizer to your skin after using a sheet mask if you want.
– If you used your sheet mask while it is still light outside you need to apply sunscreen after removing the mask.